market-farming - email newsletter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: email newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:21:59 -0400

I think the email newsletter sounds wonderful. I see no problem if the
folks know they are signing up for a regular (one a week) email. I fully
believe that most enjoy them. I write a weekly newsletter (print) for my
CSA and it is very well recieved over the years I have gotten great
complements on it. One member says I should turn it into a book, think
she's exagerating but it was nice.
At a converence I went to a farmer who sells shares in Maple Trees said
that the newsletter that goes with it, sent a few times during the year is
for some the favorite part. He simply writes about whats going on at his
farm in Vermont and he said folks just crave the "country" info.

It just helps put a face on the food :)

Beth

  • email newsletter, Hook Family, 09/11/2002