market-farming - email marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pete and Judi" <corbettj AT computer-products.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: email marketing
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:01:40 -0400

Hi I am fairly new here and I sell fresh cut herbs and vermicomposting at
two of the local Farmers markets.

I have loved the recent threads. Last year was my first year and I did okay
for that. But this is my second year and I am not moving anything.

I had figured that the fresh cut herbs would just fly off the shelves. Last
year they supported the business, paid the booth and gas, but were rather
consistent in their sales. This year they are not hardley doing anything.

Last year the worms sold pretty good. Figured that it would take a bit to
sell to some of the people and found hat the sales picked up in the fall.
This year I have only sold 2 1/2 pounds of worms but one day I moved 20
dozen fishing worms. Last year I sold a total of 3, that is not a market
direction.

I find that my sales actually pick up once the customers slow down, so I do
better now until about mid October. Makes no sense except that the customers
seem to take more time to actually look at what I have!

Anyhow, how in the world did you ever come up with this emailing. I have a
lot of products that I don't take to the market, i.e. my pork, chicken and
rabbit that I would love to be able to have already sold!! And most of it is
ready after the best market (Seasonal) is over!

How did you get that information to your customers? How did you get their
email addresses?

Judi Corbett
http://gtigaan.tripod.com - Rabbits, Vermiculture, Herbs, and more
http://drcba.tripod.com/drcba.html - Canadian rabbit and cavy club