market-farming - emailing to customers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: emailing to customers
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:37:46 -0500

I send an email every week to over 350 customers at our market. These
customers have all signed up to receive the email. I put out a sign-up
sheet every week with a small poster telling them that they will receive
news from the farmers at our market, recipes, what produce we are all
bringing to market, what chef will be demonstrating that week, any music
we'll have going, plus some chatty stuff that they seem to enjoy. Robert is
right, people like it when you make it personal.

I receive emails back every week thanking me for that week's email and
commenting on something I said. Plus lots of customers at market will come
up and just say "keep those emails coming". I think its very effective and
fairly easy, especially since most of the addresses will go in as you
receive them - not all at once.

We will use this list this winter to do a bi-weekly or monthly market but
for that I will set up a separate email list so that I am not spamming every
summer customer.

This is a great way to keep in contact with your customers!

joan
windwalker farm

p.s. Our attendance has definitely fallen off, however, Saturday sucked!

  • emailing to customers, Joan Vibert, 09/10/2002