market-farming - Re: To certify or not to certify

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: To certify or not to certify
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:22:02 -0500

Alison,

More on alternatives when I have some time.

Here's the NEW listing for the session:
Marketing Sustainably Grown Products:
Growers share strategies to educate consumers and buyers about sustainable
production methods. Bill Dow, Ayrshire Farm, (NC) and others TBA.

My mistake. It was originally planned as a session for growers who were
certified and had decided not to recertify through the Federal program this
season. I hear from the grapevine that Marty Mesh (a mover and shaker in
SSAWG)
objected to this- he heads up Florida Organic Growers that is trying to get
certification work in the SE states that have dropped their organic
certification programs. And who says all the politics are in D.C.?

This wimped out version will probably get all the ignoring it deserves (and
I'll
probably catch hell from the hierarchy in SSAWG for writing this). But that's
my opinion.
--
Alex McGregor
Walden Farm