market-farming - Re: To certify or not to certify

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: To certify or not to certify
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:17:07 -0600

Jeff

I like your choice. I think organic is a term that is suffering through
"re-definition" right now and I can understand people being wary. However, I
do think that as a body of people, the folks in the organic movement who
have the most at stake in this need to mobilize and act more than ever to
preserve their interests in the certification process. While it's not
perfect, it's what you've got. And there is room to improve it if the
support remains. Abandon it and the whole thing will fall apart.