market-farming - Dog control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "LuckyHorseShoe Farm" <luckyhorseshoe_farm AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Dog control
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:55:41 -0000

I think before we go nowhere with the how to control canine pest problems.  I have always had pest problems, even pest with two legs.  The most effective canine control is a bolt action .22 with a good scope sighted for 50 yards.  Ammo of choice is Aguila SSS this stands for Sub Sonic Sniper the solid 60 grain bullet placed between the eye and ear will penetrate completly and you get instant deanimation.  The round is quiet because it is subsonic and the 60 grain bullet is favored by city SWAT Teams for maximum bone penetration.  The key is to practice so you can make a head shot everytime.  This is where you can use bait to lure the pest to a safe place to shoot.  Even with a .22 always be sure of where the projectile will impact.  I would hate to hit a person to save some chickens. Someone mentioned they would hate to have the dog run home wounded.  You bet a fellow Farmer friend, shot a pest that ran home and he was  arrested because the owner told the Cops he chased the dog into it's yard and shot it there.  The Cops ignored my friends ripped and bloody legs and arms.  He shot the dog while it was on top of him.  The entrance wound was from bottom to top.  He still spent the night in  jail.  Loose lips sink ships and these posts will last forever.    Good Hunting Mike@ Lucky Horseshoe Farm

PS: Mix Dipel with NU Film 17 and it will become 100% more efective on worms, and won't wash off in the rain.