market-farming - Re: Dog control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Dog control
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 06:16:06 EDT

In a message dated 06/13/2001 1:41:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
marc AT aculink.net writes:

You choose to blame the victims - not the owners or wild
dogs.

Marc

If you take the view that all dogs are bad, then it is easy to kill them.
That's the viewpoint we are encouraged to take in order to wage wars.
Dehumanize the enemy, and it's OK to blow them away, to not see them as human
beings with families who love them--somebody's brother, somebody's son.

In the same way, if there is nothing good about these dogs, it's OK to blow
them away.   I see the dogs as victims as much as anyone else.  After all,
human beings domesticated them.  A dog whose owner doesn't care for it
properly or confine it properly is as much a victim as anyone else in this
grim picture.

Marj