market-farming - Re: Bt Sweet Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt Sweet Corn
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:28:33 +0000

Wiediger, Alison wrote:

I agree with you, but although many of us have the will, I'd say few farmers
will ever have the capital - and the corporations know it. Too bad that a

--------------------------

Bill Shoemaker wrote:

But I believe this issue, along with herbicide drift, is ripe for the picking
for someone with the will and capital to pursue it.

After last night's broadcast of NOVA/Frontline, I'll bet there are
at least 100 good, sharp class action attorneys out there
ready to take an action like this on behalf of the entire
population and farmers, as was done in the case of cigarettes.

If you really have the will, pool some $$ and place a display ad
in the Business Section of the New York Times a couple of times.
You'll find someone to champion your cause.

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming