market-farming - Re: Bt Sweet Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sal" <sals AT rain.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt Sweet Corn
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:14:56 -0700

u may feel that a farmer to farmer suit is there but the farmer planting the
GMO corn and following the USDA directions is not doing anything wrong .
they USDA says its ok to plant it. how can u put a lawsuit on a farmer who
does what the USDA says is ok. the USDA says its ok to contaminate organic
growers and they will send a inspector over to the organic farmers place and
take away his organicness. your fight is not with other farmers its with
the USDA EPA and FDA. good luck . the USDA EPA and FDA knows this will
kill off organic corn,soy beans etc. don't u think they know and don't u
think those that contaminate are covered are not responsible but the organic
grower is because he is trying to keep GMOs out of his growing and cant.
thats what he gets for wanting to grow organic for signing up with the USDA
and claiming to be organic. u know u have to send them a map so they know
where u live so they can test u for GMO and u have to tell them who u sell
too so they also can have their organicness also taking away. . u may
plants organic seed and still gets GMO Corn thanks to the USDA,EPA and FDA.
you know you can't sell GMO and call it organic so love it or leave it. The
USDA is changing life on earth as we know it and I think organic is a thing
of the past. you can't sue anyone . if you could there would be no
herbicides in the water or pesticides in baby food. there are no Chemical
or GMO trespass laws . u can't do anything but quit selling as organic if u
test GMO and u will.
Del,
> I hear you about the lawsuits waiting to happen. Perhaps that is the
> only way to get any justice in this area. Or perhaps not - given the
current
> ruling climate.

check out an organic farmers homepage
http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html