market-farming - Re: Bt Sweet Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt Sweet Corn
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:22:06 -0500

Del, I agree with you completely.

It is totally incongruous that Monsanto won that lawsuit. Monsanto caused the problem as I understand it.

Last year, the spray truck from the local seed store came barreling down our road. I ran out to flag them down and ask what they were doing. We live on a dead end road and there is no place for a truck to turn around without driving on our land. They were lost and wanted to turn around in our field and I wouldn't let them. They had to back up the road for 3/4 mile. They just couldn't understand why I wouldn't let them drive their truck on the field.

Well, one thing that we got out of Roundup ready beans - Roundup ready cockleburs.

I understand now about the soothsayers predicting the earth will tilt on its axis and destroy most life as we know it. I truly believe that's what it will take to solve the mess big business has made of agriculture. Now, doesn't that cheer all of you up??

Marie in Missouri