market-farming - Re: Monsanto vs Schmeiser

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Monsanto vs Schmeiser
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:50:45 -0500

Kevin,
You are right, there are some puzzling things going on in the court
case - it is not clear what is happening - on both sides. There are causes
for questions about much of the evidence given on both sides. As someone
pointed out earlier, this is not the case you would choose to be defending
as it is murkier than one would wish. I appreciate your supplying the web
page - it is interesting reading.

I appreciate also your supplying the articles, which cast additional
doubt on both Monsanto's claims and on Schmeiser's.

>however I believe in patent rights, principle and most of all in
CAPITALISM!

Whether you love or hate capitalism, we need to find another economic
system. Since capitalism relies on continued growth, it can not continue
indefinitely. The earth is giving us signs that it is being harmed by our
rapacious economic system. Therefore, it would be best to try and fashion
one that doesn't encourage greed and consumption, as capitalism does.

Jill