market-farming - Re: Farm Credit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farm Credit
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:13:10 -0400

That's tough, Jeff. Glad you found alternative financing. I agree with
Bob, in an earlier post, that many farms rely on financing, and it's time
for the smaller farmers to check it out also. The ideal that we hear so
often in the sustainable circles is to stay away from debt. I understand
that, but like all things, a balance must be found, and I know of very few
businesses that rely on self-income to get started.

Liz