market-farming - Farm Credit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: market-farming post <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Farm Credit
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 06:15:13 -0700

Hi Amy et al,

Been lurking since Liz resurrected the list. Thank you, Liz for your
perserverance.

Yes, please fill out the Farm Credit survey if it could ever apply to you.
They need to get on board to finance diversified family operations with
alternative marketing channels. I just visited the farm of my friend,
Nigel Walker, he moved to new ground three years ago - his - after being a
farm manager( starting with 8 acres) on other ground for 6 years or so.
http://www.eatwell.com

He went through an arduous lending routine simply because he needed to
educate them that diversified faming and marketing through CSAs and
Farmers' Markets were legitimate and profitable ways to farm.

Farm Credit needs to know how many of us are out here. This is a market
survey for them. They are especially interested in barriers to "young"
farmers. Let them here from you.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle
Auburn, CA