market-farming - Re: Farm Credit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jeffery uhlig <juhlig AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farm Credit
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 13:27:16 -0500

My experience with Farm Credit was to say the least- miserable. I had a
business plan, a list of customers and letters of intent from them, an
operating loan from FSA (50k) and 30k of my money. The agent clearly did not
understand the concept and did not want to learn. I was asking for 50k. All he
knew was corn and beans.I was out of the office in ten minutes. I did find a
local banker who took the time to learn our business and how it works, he
loaned the needed cash in two days. Farm Credit won't here from me again.
Jeff
Uhlig