market-farming - Re: Farm Credit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Farm Credit
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:01:05 -0400

Here in NJ where most farms are small and highly diversified FC is a major
lender and there is no question about the validity of our farm and marketing
operations when we go for loans, they will lend on collateral as simple as a
paid for truck or tractor, I use there money in the spring till things start
paying off, I have an operating loan credit line that can be borrowed anytime
and must be paid back in full on Dec.1, the reason many farms do not use FC
is because their instrest rates are higher than local banks, present FC rate
is 9%...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

> He went through an arduous lending routine simply because he needed to
> educate them that diversified faming and marketing through CSAs and
> Farmers' Markets were legitimate and profitable ways to farm.

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/