market-farming - Re: market-farming Freedom Day!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Freedom Day!
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 06:26:09 -0700

Wonderful news Dori!!! Someone's looking out for you - a warm day to celebrate on (moving a hose instead of buckets is a big celebration in my books!) and money appearing when you need it the most. Is it a sign that you'll have a good year? Make sure you talk nice to your plants while planting as Jill did.

I finished putting in 1/2 an acre of raspberries a short while ago, and was only able to water them once - by hand and bucket! The pressure regulator valve broke and it will take 2 weeks to get a spring to replace the broken part. Yesterday when I checked on them they had leaves budding out. The secret - I tried Jill's method of talking to them and encouraging them to grow!! It must work, these babies need a minimum of 2" of water a week to grow and they haven't been able to get it.

Can you tell me more about your mantis mini-tiller? Thanks, and here's to having plenty of dirt under your finger nails and an abundently green garden! Jacqueline