market-farming - Re: Farmers Market Display ideas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farmers Market Display ideas
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:19:06 -0800

I think this is very interesting. I spent an hour or more surfing the net
yesterday, for the psychology of marketing. My loose finding are, make every
customer glad that THEY (not any generic customer, by them) came to your
stand make a genuine acknowlegement of their presence, make them see the
benefit that your product will be for them, not I the farmer grow great
veggies but you the customer will be better if you buy this. All the stuff
Liz wrote about making your stand look pretty and neat. Prices are a must.
All info is good. Instead of a detailed vit content how about above carrots
say high in Vit. A, above tomatoes high in Vit C etc. not a detailed list of
every nutrient in them.
I read the next suggestion on the net I intend to try it in my farm stand
(when built). It said to further portray freshness have workers were a
flower pinned (neatly) on shirt. Oh yea and you/worker should be neat and
cleanly dressed. Some stuff I've learned so far.

Marketing is our topic for the next week or so of the class I am taking I
find it so interesting. Beth