market-farming - Re: Farmers Market Display ideas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cappy AT harborside.com
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farmers Market Display ideas
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:20:08 -0800

Quoting Hook Family <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>:

> I think this is very interesting. I spent an hour or
more surfing the net
> yesterday, for the psychology of marketing. My loose
finding are, make
> every
> customer glad that THEY (not any generic customer, by
them) came to your
> stand make a genuine acknowlegement of their
presence, make them see the
> benefit that your product will be for them, not I the
farmer grow great
> veggies but you the customer will be better if you
buy this. All the stuff
> Liz wrote about making your stand look pretty and
neat. Prices are a must.
> All info is good. Instead of a detailed vit content
how about above
> carrots
> say high in Vit. A, above tomatoes high in Vit C etc.
not a detailed list
> of
> every nutrient in them.
> I read the next suggestion on the net I intend to try
it in my farm stand
> (when built). It said to further portray freshness
have workers were a
> flower pinned (neatly) on shirt. Oh yea and
you/worker should be neat and
> cleanly dressed. Some stuff I've learned so far.
>
> Marketing is our topic for the next week or so of the
class I am taking I
> find it so interesting. Beth
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as:
cappy AT harborside.com
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

Hi Beth,

Delighted to hear your comments (all great) and that
you're taking a marketing class. What part of the
country are you? Any marketing concerns on your mind?

I'm a marketing writer and conference speaker (not
trying to sell you anything here, just sharing
information)

Please check my website www.bumpercropmarketing.com

Besides promoting my speaking services to conference
coordinators, it's an information site for small farms
and specialty food companies. I'm in the process of
adding more book suggestions and a section on
associations, upcoming workshops, etc.

If you're in the northwest, there's a terrific
conference coming up Feb 28. 29,
Marketing in the New Millennium
in Seattle.
Presented by the Washington State Assn. of Farmers'
Markets. I'm speaking there, and can't wait to meet
everyone and hear all the other presentations.

Their website is:

www.wafarmersmarkets.com

All the best to you,

Cappy Tosetti (Cappy is short for Capella)
Gleneden Beach, Oregon

cappy AT harborside.com