market-farming - Re: Farmers Market Display ideas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Grandad <grandad AT grandadsfarm.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farmers Market Display ideas
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 18:17:34 -0600

> My loose
> finding are, make
> > every
> > customer glad that THEY (not any generic customer, by
> them) came to your
> > stand make a genuine acknowlegement of their
> presence, make them see the
> > benefit that your product will be for them

A good down home definition of customer service. Whenever we
as consumers buy anything it is for a multitude of reasons, but
the most important one is that it makes us feel good. Most
people will feel good if they are made to feel important. There
is a restaurant here in Columbia called G&D's. The restaurant
is nothing special, the food is good but not really fancy. I
keep going there because Angelo, the owner / cook remembers me
by name and that I like an extra piece of Texas toast with my
steak order. When I was going to school our finances were not
capable to go to his restaurant, I hadn't been there in three
years but when I went in to have a steak dinner a few weeks ago,
he hadn't forgotten me and put my extra piece of Texas toast on
my order without my asking. It was as if I had been going there
regularly. Will I continue to keep them in my dining out
choices, you bet.
Every customer is your best customer.
--
>From mailto:grandad AT grandadsfarm.com and
the Home of Grandad's Farm Magazine
in the beautiful suburbs of Columbia, Missouri
http://www.grandadsfarm.com/