market-farming - Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SCook21809 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:34:34 EST

<< Another method I've seen suggested (but never tried, my dogs keep the deer
away or at least on the move) is to lay field fence or chicken wire flat,
just slightly suspended above the ground >>

Holly,
I make 12 inch diameter tubes with field fencing and lay them down around
my strawberries. Two tubes wide. It drives the deer nuts and they stop
trying to get to them by the time my tomatoes are ready for support. So I
tip the tubes up on end to support the tomato crops. Poor deer, they get no
respect from me.

Art Biggert
Ocean Sky Farm
Bainbridge Island, WA