market-farming - Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:32:13 -0500

Leigh:

I understand that a double, six foot fence will work.

One erects a six foot fence, then another 3 feet away from the first.
Though the deer could jump both if they thought about it, they can't
think about it, because their brains are pretty small. Because they
can't figure out how to land in between the two fences, they go away.

Sounds idyllic, yes? Don't know if it works - we haven't tried it. But
you might fence off a small part, and see.

Alternatively, you can do what we do: let the local rednecks fire
away. Good eatin', too.

Robert.