market-farming - Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Grandad <grandad AT grandadsfarm.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pepper Spray and deer deterrence
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:38:39 -0600

> I have heared that the GP is very effective IF your property is well
> defined by something like a hedge or fence. Otherwise they will end up
> herding the entire neighborhood. Can you verify this?

I very much doubt this because Great Pyrenees do not herd, they
guard. The amount of territory that they will guard varies from
dog to dog and the degree of threat that they determine. I lost
a Great Pyrenees because she determined that she was needed to
protect the neighbors kids that were being abused, he poisoned
her.
--
>From mailto:grandad AT grandadsfarm.com and
the Home of Grandad's Farm Magazine
in the beautiful suburbs of Columbia, Missouri
http://www.grandadsfarm.com/