market-farming - Help with irrigation and mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Help with irrigation and mulch
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 07:29:31 -0800

Hi, folks.

Two topics I need clarity on: Irrigation and Mulches.

I have a 2.5 acre (expanding to 3 to 5) tilled piece devoted mainly to
cutflowers. This was tilled last year. But this is the first year we're
planting it all.

I need some advice and counsel on drip irrigation and mulches.

For instance, will a drip irrigation system for 2.5 to 5 acres incapacitate
a submersible well?

As far as mulching goes, I'm thinking of straw. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rose