market-farming - Re: Help with irrigation and mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose & Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help with irrigation and mulch
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 08:24:04 -0800

Hi, Cornelius. Thanks for your response.

As far as the capacity of the well, we don't know yet because it isn't there
yet. But in this area drilled wells are often a minimum of 8 gal/min. It
could easily go higher. But one never knows.

My problem is that I don't know how much water a drip irrigation system
demands and in what times - gal/min.

As far as hurting the well with contaminants, that won't happen since we
grow everything organically - flowers included.

So, I guess I need to understand the mechanics of a drip irrigation system
and how much water it calls for.

Thanks,

Rose