livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Truth About Vegetarianism

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Truth About Vegetarianism
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:08:18 -0600

I'm familiar with the writing from Heinberg, Ruppert, Savinar, Kunstler, and
several others on the subject but there are differences of opinion among them
all and frankly it's confusing. As someone said, predicting the future is
hard because it hasn't happened yet ... Heinberg said we need fifty million
farmers. No, we need more farmers but we need fifty million people growing
for their own use at home. That's more practical and doable, and affordable.
More like the early 20th century - remember that one? But I hope we've
learned something about sustainable growing since Dust Bowl days. Plowing up
the prairie? Bad idea. SEE attachment
http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/128_migm.html