livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] food for thought?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkingal@clearwire.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] food for thought?
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 12:55:38 -0500

Norma Sutton wrote:
Hi Morgan,
My winter pen looks bad too. Very little left in it at this point, but by fall it will have some green it in. My animals get fat on grass in the summer. What kinds of pens are you using?

I use an electric net fencing for non-permanent pens. I have a solar battery charger. It takes me longer than the 5 minutes the company that sells them claims to set them up, but they are much easier to move than anything else we've come up with.

http://www.premier1supplies.com/fencing.php?species_id=2

Morgan