livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] food for thought?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] food for thought?
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 01:43:19 -0500 (CDT)

As I had stated, it's a matter of scale.  And as noted (I implied it but did not state it explicitly) MIG _does_ work; to mimic natural herd tendencies you move the grazers (could be most anything) around (either via herder or portable electric fencing).  Just like working with crops, if you do it wrong you will get poor results.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA