livingontheland - [Livingontheland] raised bed material

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Andeanfx" <andeanfx@midrivers.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] raised bed material
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:56:18 -0600

As long as we are on raised beds. we are looking at moving and being able to buy again.  SO, we will be able to treat things as though they were our own.

What is the best material for building the walls of fairly high raised beds.  Concrete has chemicals in it, plastic is not good, rock would take up a large amount of space.  I am not comfortable with cedar, redwood would seem to be good but pretty expensive, teak well.......  What is a guy to do?????  Dean