livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Why Bother With Permaculture?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: "McBride & Putnam" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Why Bother With Permaculture?
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:57:43 -0600

You state Permaculture is organic and no-till, then Not everyone can be a
no-till organic gardener but everyone can be a permaculturist. It's hard to
imagine how 95% of our population could begin to arrange a homestead to fit
all the permaculture instructions. It's biggest barrier is the up front cost
when so many are scraping by now.

A majority of those with a little land can use organic no-till (biointensive
for highest sustainable production) to feed the rest who are stuck in crowded
cities. And no, they can't feed themselves from balcony pots.