livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] NO-TILL FARMING OFFERS A QUICK FIX TO HELPWARD OFF HOST OF GLOBAL PROBLEMS

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] NO-TILL FARMING OFFERS A QUICK FIX TO HELPWARD OFF HOST OF GLOBAL PROBLEMS
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 05:27:19 -0800 (PST)

0-till, as it is called outside the USA, is the proven way to farm in the tropics.  The International  Center for Tropical Agriculture, Ibadan, Nigeria has proven that beyond any doubt.  I no longer debate or discuss no-till as to whether it will work or not.  That has been proven.

In my last no-till workshop in Nigeria, a farmer said, "My grandfather plowed, my father plows and I plow."  He agreed he was going broke financially.  I told him that 0-till will double his yields and reduce his labor by no less than 50%.

Ken Hargesheimer