livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] NO-TILL FARMING OFFERS A QUICK FIX TO HELP WARD OFF HOST OF GLOBAL PROBLEMS

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] NO-TILL FARMING OFFERS A QUICK FIX TO HELP WARD OFF HOST OF GLOBAL PROBLEMS
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:40:31 -0700

My personal take on it: If the crop he's growing needs tilling or
herbicides, then why grow wheat or cultivate 300+ acres? I'd also be
interested to know if he's even making a profit. Cultivating also brings
more weed seeds to the surface to germinate. Probably he's never heard of
weed-suppressing cover crops.