livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] bad dog food, etc

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] bad dog food, etc
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.  I am sure many valuable animals were lost in all of this.  Folks tend not to remember all that dogs do for us these days.

I wish there were more recipes for good food available for dogs and cats.  So many people tell me I just don't know how difficult it is to get the enzymes, etc, correct.  It makes me wonder how dogs survived all of these years without scientists to figure it all out, eh?  I know about the barf diet.  Is there another alternative, though?

When I was a kid my parents fed our dogs horsemeat from the butcher shop and table scraps.  They were always healthy.

Gloria, Texas