livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:19:25 -0600

Just to pass on a single item I've had my eye on, Pete - the UN IPCC final
report dismisses fears that the Gulf Stream ("North Atlantic thermohaline
circulation") could stop and result in excessive cold and flooding in the
northeast US, worsening desert in the southwest US (I'm here), and a new
ice age in northern Europe and Great Britain (that's you).

"The report also brings closure to some long-running arguments. For
example, the report confirmed that the chances the North Atlantic
thermohaline circulation, the process by which seawater moves between the
oceans, would stop during the 21st century were "very unlikely". European
researchers had previously worried that any disruption to the process would
cause temperatures to drop, Lin said... The report by the IPCC, which
brought together 2,500 scientists, will guide policy in coming years on
issues such as extending the UN Kyoto Protocol beyond 2012."
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2007-04/07/content_845498.htm