livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] bad dog food, etc

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] bad dog food, etc
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

Terry Wereb <frostedacres@gmail.com> wrote:
All,
 I lost a very valuable Service Animal to this tainted food. My second Service Animal is being detoxed used a biological which my vet had on hand.(AZODYL)

 If anything, these recent events illustrate the folly of taking part in a 'global economy' where our food supply is concerned. The tainted wheat gluten could just as easily ( and actually may have) gotten into the HUMAN food supply.

I joined a local family farm group about 2 years ago-- and last summers recalls concerning salmonella and Coliform bacteria helped the markets COME TO US!!! The locals are actually starting to demand locally grown food!!!

 On a happier note-- With almost two feet of new snow on the ground ( Happy Easter!!!) My Compost pile is nice and warm-- I  covered it with a tarp before the snow started, and the tarp has about 6 inches of snow on it, while underneath-- 'bath water warm' is the condition of the decaying gold. My rabbits, though not reproducing like rabbits, are certainly helping the planned garden beds along!!!

 Have a great day, everyone. I found seeds for ROUND carrots that will do nicely in my clay soil!!!

 Terry Wereb