livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:02:23 -0700 (PDT)

Every time I read one of these gloom and doom reports my mind goes to wondering.  I wonder if they have figured out as yet that wealthy folks can only buy time and resources for a while.  The poor are used to living by the seat of their pants and are more inventive....resourceful.

I suspect the poor are more likely to survive in a crunch because of this.  More of them are going to have an idea how to grow their own food, or even where to find what is edible I am guessing.

The other day there was that earthquake and tsunami in the Pacific.  There was much crying and wringing of hands over the destruction of the coral reefs that drew so many tourists, and provided a place for locals to find food in those waters.  Now the locals would have to go further on the new 'land' that rose 10 feet out of the water to add to the island.

All I could think of was that so many of those islands are sinking into the ocean...so isn't this a good thing?  Ten feet is a pretty good protection against rising seas methinks.  I am guessing that the coral may break down into great soil at some point, but I confess to ignorance of what happens when coral breaks down....what it becomes.  Remember it is not just coral, but also all that grew among and with it.

I do believe climate change is occurring...a natural happening on our planet.  I don't believe it is from greenhouse gases because it is also happening on other planets that don't have people on them to create greenhouse gases.

Gloria, Texas