livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] UN, world scientists concensus on global warming
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:54:07 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, the weather's crazy, but last year's late spring hail storm at least prepared my gardening friends for wariness and they advised NOT setting the warm temp plants outside yet.  Good thing, this crazy low temp spell has wilted even the mulberry leaves, which I need to feed these silly silkworms.  Maybe next time, I'll wait a bit later in the year before pulling the eggs out, or hold back some of the eggs at least rather than pulling them all out to hatch.

Garlic and onions still look great.

Carrie
in NE OK
 In one sense the wisest attitude is the same your Grandmother told you - hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

PS - Central Texas just had the coldest Easter on record, about 35 degrees last night.  Sleet & snow yesterday!

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time