livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Popular Misconceptions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Popular Misconceptions
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 22:45:55 -0700

Hi, Tom. I hope it's understood I'm not looking for agreement; I'm looking
for progress on our most urgent agricultural problems and people who are
open to better ways. I've spent a lot of this snowed in time researching
online and through books, compiling evidence and references, and I've been
convinced ten times over on the profitability and sustainability of
intensive organic no-till. Please bear in mind I'm a hardcore skeptic and
it took most of my life to come around to this. I'm working with vegetable
crops only since orcharding and grains etc. are still outside my
experience.

Very interesting to compare your and your neighbor side by side. Esp since
your costs are lower. I keep reading how conventional farmers are facing
higher and higher costs.