livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Malcolm Beck & Phosphorus

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Malcolm Beck & Phosphorus
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:42:30 -0600

Folks from other areas may not know about Malcolm Beck, but here in Central Texas, he is revered.  Not only is he an organic grower, but he is the Compost King.  He started large-scale compost production many years ago, and his methods have now been integrated into the waste disposal operations of Texas Disposal systems, along with Garden-Ville, an organic fertilizer outlet that Malcolm started.  Malcolm has also been a tireless advocate for organic ways, writing books and doing presentations all over Texas.

Recent research indicates that the best way to make Phosphorus available to plants is through biologically active soil - specifically fungi.  Teaming with Microbes has some good info.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz