livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Popular Misconceptions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Popular Misconceptions
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 08:46:16 -0700

The classic on French Intensive goes along with what you said:
'Intensive culture on a more or less extensive scale must, save in
exceptional circumstances, be treated as a business or run on business
lines ... to fully appreciate its possibilities it must be worked as a
commercial business." - (Intensive Culture of Vegetables, French System,
1913 p.8)

You said
>Trying to change the world, I'll leave to others. Suffices for me to
>create an example (perhaps) worth examining.

I have no illusions either but I'm determined to be part of the solution
anyway, not part of the problem.

And they keep on saying "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain "
;-)