livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fertilizer use by crop in Brazil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mtncats@planetcomm.net
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fertilizer use by crop in Brazil
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:15:41 -0400

Kathy, you're most welcome. Anecdotal, but I'm sure not unusual. We have no
production animal operations near here, pretty much just horses. Often, very
expensive (fast) horses.

I'm a light-weight (with a large truck) on this list. Learning a lot,
particularly from Paul. My approach is strictly pragmatic. Whatever works,
including "show them the money". I admire your perseverance, especially your
furthering your education. Hope I'll get a little more efficient with my own
small efforts from the exposure.

Other than a little informal community service, I grow groceries on our roof,
the only place that gets much summer sun here. "Organic or natural", I
suppose. Not much interested in labels- or commercial products. A little
sad that morel season has ended. Known locally as "merkels". Gotta respect
local traditions.

Tom (in central Va, comfortable with machinery)