livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol a net energy loss

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol a net energy loss
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:13:06 -0600

Close but no cigar. Gasoline is not a net energy loss. That's the problem.
It's not, and sources like ethanol and hydrogen are. Anytime it takes more
energy to produce than you get out of it, it's a no-starter. Nobody's going
to make a product when it costs more to make it than they can sell it for.
That's why we've been using oil like there's no tomorrow, instead of ethanol.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry