labruscagrape - Re: [LabruscaGrape] Modifying "foxy" flavor

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: Paul Bulas <pabls@yahoo.com>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [LabruscaGrape] Modifying "foxy" flavor
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:32:26 -0500 (EST)

Tom, I'm not sure first off, that it really can be modified all
that much - except either by picking the grapes before they are
really ripe and the flavours develop, or by blending the
labrusca component of the must or wine with a neutral must or
wine.

Personally, I don't do either of these, since my philosophy is
to allow labrusca wine to display all its inherent character. I
even do extended skin-contact during primary fermentation, so as
to make sure the wine is as aromatic as possible.

I'd be interested in knowing what other people do in this
regard.

Cheers,
Paul