labruscagrape - Re: [LabruscaGrape] Modifying "foxy" flavor

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Giannou" <thomas@tandjenterprises.com>
  • To: <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [LabruscaGrape] Modifying "foxy" flavor
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:43:44 -0800

Hi,

We simmer the skins and pulp of Reliance after running the grapes through a
blender. Then we filter the heated pulp and juice through a jelly bag. The
simmering removes all the pigment from the skins along with all the flavors
in those skins and pulp. Then we add that back to the extracted juice.
>From there we make jelly. That juice was so good!! And the jelly is
excellent. I was tempted to make wine out of that juice, but we went the
jelly route instead.

Best Regards,
Thomas Giannou
http://www.tandjenterprises.com