labruscagrape - [LabruscaGrape] Almost Free Labrusca Cuttings

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [LabruscaGrape] Almost Free Labrusca Cuttings
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:49:28 -0500

Hi,

A friend asked me to forward this to the list;

============
Subject:   Labrusca unrooted cuttings
Date:       Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:12:40 -0500
From:      "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
To:          Tom Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>

Concord, Fredonia and Niagara unrooted cuttings free- except you pay the mailing.  Drop us a note of your needs. As the producer will burn the unneeded cuttings, suggest you contact us now.

Cheers,
Bert
helbert@idirect.com

Bert Dunn   RR4 Tottenham   Ont    zone 4b
www.hardygrapes.tottenham..on.ca
THINK BLENDING, NOT VARIETALS

Thomas Olenio wrote:

Hello,

Is this your grape;

"Moore's Diamond resembles Niagara in fruit
and Concord in vine and is one of the few
white American varieties which have been used
to produce dry table wine. It is also desirable as
a table grape, but the skins may crack during
wet seasons."

Image;
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/faculty/reisch/Varietyphotos/mdiamond1.small.jpg

I am not familar with it.

Later,

dabrowski wrote:

Does anybody have experience with Diamond grapes?
I have some planted now, and the lambrusca flavor really came through in my
wine and this didn't seem typical to me having tasted Finger lakes Diamond
before..  (vines are only 3 years old)
--

===
Canada plant hardiness zone 5b