labruscagrape - Re: [LabruscaGrape] Diamond

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [LabruscaGrape] Diamond
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:45:58 -0500

Hello,

Is this your grape;

"Moore's Diamond resembles Niagara in fruit
and Concord in vine and is one of the few
white American varieties which have been used
to produce dry table wine. It is also desirable as
a table grape, but the skins may crack during
wet seasons."

Image;
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/hort/faculty/reisch/Varietyphotos/mdiamond1.small.jpg

I am not familar with it.

Later,

dabrowski wrote:

Does anybody have experience with Diamond grapes?
I have some planted now, and the lambrusca flavor really came through in my
wine and this didn't seem typical to me having tasted Finger lakes Diamond
before..  (vines are only 3 years old)