internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "david cherryholmes" <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 14:26:52 -0400

On 6/4/07, Bill Geschwind <geschwin AT email.unc.edu> wrote:
Probably the worst beer I had I got in trade for a pack of smokes from a
Romanian soldier on a train heading to Bucharest back in 1988. Probably the
worst trade I ever made (and I don't even smoke, for that matter). Not too
far behind it was some "Pivo" I had in Leningrad a few months earlier. That
swill was practically undrinkable. Maybe the fall of communism was kind to
Russian beers, but what I had back then didn't even come close to German
beer; either East or West German!

Tiger Beer, from Singapore, was so bad that if you had snuck a can of
it back on to your submarine, and you were out at sea a thousand miles
away from any beer at all, hardened sailors would say "no thanks I'll
pass" if you offered them a stolen sip of your precious booty. It was
that bad.

Or so I hear. :)

--
David Cherryholmes

"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."
-- The Puppet Master, Ghost In The Shell