internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "david cherryholmes" <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:14:50 -0400

On 6/4/07, David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com> wrote:
Why drink good beer icy cold? I thought the technique was reserved for
making swill beer (like Bud and Miller) drinkable? Below about 35 degrees
you kill the flavor and aroma--a good things for some beers, though not for
the ones I am paying good money for.

When I was in Bavaria drinking their beer they were serving it cold,
FWIW. It was also the summer time and pretty hot, so maybe that had
something to do with it. They also mixed it with apple juice a lot,
which really was damn tasty, especially on those hot days. This was
down in Chimsee, so I have no idea if that was some kind of local
anomaly or not.

--
David Cherryholmes

"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."
-- The Puppet Master, Ghost In The Shell