internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:13:59 -0500

I'm worried about the service with Cingular at 1) the outer banks and 2) youngsville (nc)

Otherwise I'm ready to sign up for a person/home business cell phone.  Now if I could just two two numbers on the same cell phone, one in the 252 area code and one in the 919.

Greg

On 1/10/07, Michael Williams <michael AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
On 1/10/07, Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> 1) wash face more often

Damn, Paul, did I kick your dog on the way to my inbox?

> 2) video ipod + phone + wifi device + pda + maps = iphone; cost more when
> purchased separately

Yeah, but I already have A, B, C and can get E via C (my laptop).  And
when the it-does-everything phone dies, you lose everything.  That's
not a criticism of the iPhone in particular, though, but of all
all-in-one devices.

I don't think anyone who buys an iPhone is an idiot.  I'm thrilled
that it's with Cingular, because that's what I use and I've liked them
a lot.  I just don't see myself totally buying the hype.

--
Michael G. Williams
michael AT metalab.unc.edu