internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personalinformationaboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:50:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tom Caswell wrote:
If you can and will blame Windows that's certainly your choice.

It is the root of the problem for those machines. My linux and solaris servers have far less problems.

And as for the funny Apple remark, I priced the cheapest xServe at $3k and
the cheapest Dell 1850 at $3.8k. Briefly, the Dell had 8x the RAM and a SCSI bus while the Apple had S-ATA. The xServe is hardly a steal. And as for the OS, I wasn't recommending using Windows. We were talking servers so I suggested Linux. Maybe if you quoted more than one line it would have refreshed your memory.

Uhhh... the base Dell has 256MB of RAM and if you strip it down it's $3.3k, still $300 more than the Xserve... Wow so you added some RAM, still not 8x as much as the Xserve comes with 1 Gig standard. Hmmm. maybe you need to re read the rest of the thread. it was about Windows, you didn't say to get rid of Windows and use Linux.... Maybe if you paid attention you wouldn't come off as an asshat :)

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport