internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:12:31 -0500

Hm.
I've had a D400 and D600 both with Bluetooth for more than a year and
both have behaved well. Interesting note: the D400 gets Bluetooth via
a removable "card" in the edge of the case. The D600 is oddly enough
"more integrated" in terms of the Bluetooth piece and requires mobo
replacement (as you state).

Lyman

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:10:26 -0500 (EST), zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, John Broome wrote:
> > I actually had a dell tech come out yesterday to replace the mobo in a
> > D600. The bluetooth module had died and it was throwing up 'Unknown USB
> > module' errors. Only way to fix it was to replace mobo.
>
> Yep, had 3 of those so far, now waiting for the other 3 to have that same
> issue.
>
> > I'm glad $CLIENT had dell gold support. Sad thing is, the rest of their
> > office has the same model of laptop.
>
> 1st class is the only way to fly...
>
> > And yeah, if you're going to dance with the devil, at least dance with
> > the full devil. (xp pro vs home)
>
> I think Home is more of a devil and lures you into a false sense of
> security, "home" sounds so safe.....
>
> Scott H. Zekanis
> zman AT kungfumonkey.com
> http://www.rod-o-rama.com
> http://www.thehellbenders.com
> 1957 Buick Riviera Hardtop (2 dr., 425" Nailhead)
> 1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
> 1990 Ducati 750 Sport

I just looked in the mirror
Things aren't looking so good
I'm looking california